Monday, February 16, 2009

Hello, Blogosphere?

Here's the thing. I'm involved in several other blogs, i've been bloggin for the better part of the last 8-9 years in various forms (several before the term "blog" was created, once i did all the html to each post manually and uploaded it via a windows-based FTP program any time i updated... RIGHT? i was like, 16.) So The idea of a "personal blog" In any form is kind of old-hat to me. i don't really care. Yup. that's right, I said it. For shit's sake, i maintain two blogs related to knitting, one of them i get paid to maintain (yeah, it's a 'work' blog, i'll talk more about it later).

This means that when i think about blogging, i try to think of more interesting blog-type ideas. Blogs that aggregate and distribute information. Craftblogs about other people's crafts. craftblogs about my crafts (Granted, there are two of these nowadays, lets not talk about that). I thought about creating a blog about local music scenes, maybe with multiple contirbutors. The fact of the matter is, i go through periods of complete disconnection from all that stuff, and i don't want to feel like a failure for it.

Therefore, this blog is just about me. stuff i do, stuff i want to do, stuff i will do, stuff i have done. Whether it be arts and crafts related, or a reposting of a recent DJ set or something like that. This is where i'm going to talk about it.  The fact of the matter is, i do a lot of stuff. Hopefully, i'll talk about it here. Aside from that, I also intend on talking about live music events and parties i attend or have no desire to attend, my beard and the beards of others, as well as any other thing it damn well pleases me to post. There. take that, internets!

No comments:

Post a Comment